Trademark Restoration is proud and happy to go Green. Some decisions come easier than others; offering green alternatives was an easy decision for us. As a matter of fact, you will be pleasantly surprised to find many of the products and systems we have been offering for years are already Green!
BENEFITS OF A COOL ROOF
- Cool roofs can stay 50° – 100° cooler in the hot sun.
- Reduce energy costs.
- Improve internal comfort.
- Help reduce the ‘heat island’ effect.
PRIMARY ELEMENTS OF ENERGY EFFICIENT ROOFING
Ask you estimator about options.
Energy Star Rated Roofing Materials – Energy Star specifies a reflectivity rating for many low slope and steep slope products. The following guidelines are for all roof types in general (even those not covered by the tax credit):
|Low Slope||Steep Slope|
|Reflectance after 3 years||0.50||0.15|
Check with your estimator for the list of colors and reflectivity ratings provided by the CRRC.
Organizations and Other Energy Efficient Roofing Resources
- The Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) – An independent, non-profit organization that maintains a third-party rating system for properties of roof surfacing materials.
- Energy Services Coalition (ESC) – Promotes best practices in the operation of statewide Energy Savings Performance Contracting programs.
- Energy Star – A joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
- Southwest Energy Efficient Project (SWEEP) – A public interest organization promoting greater energy efficiency in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming.
- US Green Building Council (LEED – Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design) – A 501(c)(3) non-profit community of leaders working to make green buildings available to everyone within a generation.
Trademark Restoration ‘Energy Efficient’ Products
Tax benefits through government programs are constantly changing. It is best to check with your tax professional for the most current details. The good news is that even if your new roof does not qualify for a credit, you can still save with an Energy Star rated product! Visit www.energystar.gov and click the Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency button on the bottom left for more information.